woensdag 16 december 2009

ETX-70 ED Petzval Astro snapshots

Took the modified ETX-70 out last 2 nights to take some snapshots (bottom of this message) All are stacks of 30 sec to 1 min subs. Per picture there is a couple of minutes of data that was stacked in DeepSkyStacker. No darks, no flats. Camera was set to do on the fly dark substraction. Post processing was also done in DSS. Camera is a modified Canon 1000d (filters removed only), mount was my LDX75.

I think I can get rid of some more CA by moving the Petzval lens closer to the front, but I do not feel like experimenting with that right now. It will not be my main imaging camera anyway. To make it more comfortable for visual use I modified an ETX erecting prism to fit a 1.25" fitting. Plus I added a generic RDF which does not attach to the scope but to the Manfrotto photo tripod.













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten